Attentiveness to patientsí rights and
responsibilities with a focus on recovery and rehabilitation.
• Polaris physicians commit to a psychiatric rehabilitation model that emphasizes active patient exercise of responsibility at every crucial step on the path to recovery.
• Active engagement with patients and with the human rights officer aimed at insuring full exercise of patientsí rights in areas such as treatment planning and informed consent.
• Positive and informed collaboration with DMH attorneys and counsel for patients to insure that legal rights are fully respected, especially in the areas of consent to treatment (Rogers) and the commitment statutes.
• Training opportunities for physicians in the most advance rehabilitation techniques including the psychosocial models of Linehan and Lieberman.
• Extensive expertise in addiction treatment and dual diagnosis with one board-certified addictions specialist in our employ.